Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Introduction to Statistics.....With Calculators



      I never really understood statistics at all. So I usually do what I do best so I can better understand it; looking up the definition. Statistics is the practice or science of collecting and analyzing numerical data in large quantities. What I didn't know was that I was working with statistics all this time. Doing the Class Data, Stem & Leaf plot, histogram and other graphs all associate with statistics. 




      When you use a TI-73 calculator or other similar calculators, the symbols listed above tell you what each means. This project we did in class was sort of simple. We worked on inputting information into the calculator to find the mode of the test score a class earned. 
      - There were 15 scores that a class earned (71, 98, 93, 42, 78, 82, 100, 91, 83, 85, 71, 73, 64, 68, and 55)
        - The mode for the test data set was 71. A better answer would be there were more students who scored a 71 on their test. 

The project was helpful in so many ways, but I think I still don't understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment